Here are 7 healthy lifestyle tips to improve diet, activity, and health:
1. Get a personalized plan to understand how many calories you need daily, for maintenance or weight loss.
2. Get to know the food you eat – read labels, look at ingredients.
3. Make half of your plate fruits and vegetables. Get 25-35 grams of fiber daily.
4. Take your time to eat. Chew food well, savor flavor, texture and taste. Enjoy your food but eat less. Listen to the hunger cues and recognize when you have had enough.
5. Sip smarter – drink water and unsweetened beverages to avoid excessive calories and sugar.
6. Satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way. Eat fruit as a snack between meals. Fruits add beneficial fiber and antioxidants to the diet.
7. Once cleared by your physician to exercise, find an activity to enjoy and start to increase duration and intensity as able.
Healthy eating ROCK UNITED Family!
Comments are closed.